Huntington Personal Injury Attorney

Have you suffered a personal injury caused by the negligence of another person? You may be able to make a claim for financial compensation for the damages you suffer as a result. When you suffer an injury caused by another person’s wrongful or negligent actions, the law allows you to get monetary compensation from the wrongdoer. If you have been injured and suffered damages, there is no reason that you should bear the financial burden of your damages alone. At Gold & Gold, we are known for helping victims like you pursue their legal rights against persons and entities that cause them harm. If you have suffered a personal injury, we can help you.

  • We are a team of respected, hardworking trial lawyers with more than 40 years of experience fighting with integrity for those who have been injured or have lost loved ones as a result of another’s negligence.
  • Over the years, Gold & Gold has secured significant compensation for our clients in a variety of practice areas, including catastrophic injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
  • Whether we resolve a case through settlement or trial, the best interest of our clients is always our primary concern.

If you have suffered an injury due to negligence or other wrongful action, you deserve full and fair financial compensation for your losses. You will have a skilled team of personal injury attorneys with decades of experience protecting your interests. Contact our Huntington personal injury attorneys at Gold & Gold to find out more about how we can help you. Your case evaluation is free, so call us at (516) 888-4653 to schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys.

Do I Have a Personal Injury Claim?

Sometimes, it takes an experienced personal injury attorney to determine whether the facts in your case give rise to a valid personal injury claim. Not all instances where a person is injured will result in a valid personal injury claim. It is important that all the elements of a negligence claim are present in order to sustain the claim. Your personal injury claim will not succeed if one of the elements is not present in your case. To succeed in a personal injury claim, all the elements of negligence must be present in your case.

  • The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable care and avoid causing you foreseeable harm
  • Their actions fell below the expected standard of care in the circumstances that caused your injury
  • Their actions were the proximate or legal cause of your injury
  • You suffered actual damages as a result of your injury

In personal injury cases like medical negligence and product liability, expert testimony will be necessary to prove your case. An experienced personal injury attorney has the professional resources to investigate your case and develop the best legal strategy to get you financial compensation.

When to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit

Statutes of limitations are determined by state law. In New York State, the statute of limitation for personal injury claims is generally 3 years from the date of the injury, or the event that caused the injury. The statute of limitations may vary depending on the basis of your claim. For example, medical malpractice claims must be filed within 2 years and 6 months from the date of the malpractice incident. While 3 years may seem like plenty of time, you will get the best results if you speak with a lawyer as quickly as possible after you are injured. Your lawyer needs time to investigate your case and put together convincing evidence to prove your case and its value.

Contact a Huntington Personal Injury Lawyer Today

If you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence, you can recover compensation for your economic and non-economic damages including lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. The sooner you take action, the sooner you can get the money you need to get your life back on course. For diligent representation in your personal injury case, call Gold & Gold today at (516) 888-4653 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.